Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Christmas Package Received: Maria



Maria received her Christmas DP on December 6th, in time for Christmas! I love that she is wearing the Santa hat in all of the photos! The comments on the report state:

Maria Cristina was so surprised upon learning about the package sent by the sponsor. More so after seeing the gifts inside the package. This is an early Christmas gift for this young lady which she never expected. The school supplies will be of great use on Cristina's schooling same with the hygiene kits/items most especially that Cristina is now a young lady. She needs to dress up properly and appropriately. She is so excited wearing the Santa hat after opening and while sorting out the things inside the package. Cristina and her family appreciated much the gifts and thankful for the blessings shared to them. The spirit of Christmas is truly felt [by] the family members.

Interesting to note that Maria is referred to repeatedly as Cristina in the comments--I had read that children whose names were written "Ma. Cristina" often went by their second name and not by Maria, but I had always assumed that since she spells it out fully, she went by her first name. I'll have to ask her about that the next time I write to her!

Her thank-you letter says:

Dear Sponsor,

Greetings of peace and a prosperous new year to all of you.

I feel so greatful upon receiving your package with different items you've send to me. Like the school supplies, santa hat, book to color, calculator, toothbrush, and comb, hairbrush, 2 magic towels, ordinary towel, hand tissue, bar soap, set of hair soap clips, Christmas card, mountain majesty calendar.

These are of great help to me and to my family. I will take good care of these and use for my studies especially the school supplies and calculator.

I am so much thankful for those special gifts may the God Lord showers you with more blessings and wonderful life to share.

Very truly yours,
Maria Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment