Sunday, February 10, 2013

Two Letters Today ... Again!

I'm on a roll this week! When I checked my mailbox before work today, I found the welcome kit for Jessica AND an envelope with the CWs from Cindy and Sandy, my Guatemalan twins! Both letters were written by the girls' aunt Alicia.

Sandy's letter says:

Estimada Padrina,

Ms. Dillon Sandy Fabiola le saluda con carino. Le cuenta que esta muy horguyosa con su familia. Ella le cuenta que esta muy bien de su salud. Ella esta muy feliz de ir en la escuela por su primer grado que va ir este ano. Le mando muchos abrazos por aberla apadrinada. Se lo agradesa mucho. Ahora esta muy feliz con usted por aberme elejida como su aheijada. La agradese mucho a usted padrina por aberme elejida. Esta agradecida con usted. Le mando muchos abrazos y un saludo.

Alicia Veronica
Soy tia de Sandy Fabiola

Translation (mine, not CI's):

Esteemed Sponsor,

Ms. Dillon Sandy Fabiola greets you with love. She tells you that she is very proud with her family. She tells you that she is in good health. She is very joyful to go to school for her first grade that she will go this year. I send you many hugs for having sponsored her. She is very grateful for it. Now she is very joyful with you for having selected her as your sponsored child. She thanks you alot Sponsor for having selected her. She is grateful to you. She sends you many hugs and a greeting.

Alicia Veronica
I am the aunt of Sandy Fabiola

What a grateful letter! I don't think I've ever been so profusely thanked before! I am happy to know that she is going to attend first grade this year.

Cindy's letter is, unsurprisingly, similar:

Estimada Padrina,

Ms. Dillon Cindy Fabiola la saluda con carino. Le cuenta que esta muy bien con su familia. Quiere agradeser mucho por aberla aseptado como su aheijada. Ella esta muy contenta de recibir su carino y su ayuda. Cindy le cuenta que ella va en la escuela en su primer grado. Ella esta muy feliz por aberla aceptado. Ella esta muy horgullosa. Ella agradece mucho por aber empadrana. Se ciente muy feliz. Le manda un habrazo.

Alicia Veronica
Soy tia de Cindy Fabiola

My translation:

Esteemed Sponsor,

Ms. Dillon Cindy Fabiola greets you with love. She tells you that she is very well with her family. She wants to thank you a lot for having accepted her as your sponsored child. She is very happy to receive your love and your help. Cindy tells you that she goes to school in her first grade. She is very joyful that you have accepted her. She is very proud. She thanks you a lot for having sponsored her. She feels very joyful. She sends you a hug.

Alicia Veronica
I am the aunt of Cindy Fabiola

Again, the gratefulness just spills off the page!

On the back of both letters, I have learned that the area where they live has churches, schools, forests and rivers, but no volcanoes (thankfully!). They both like a wide variety of fruits, and they celebrate birthdays and Christmas.

Looks like I'll be spending my days off writing back to all my wonderful girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment