Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Spotlight Child of the Week, 6/26/2012

Normally, my Spotlight Children are girls. I favor girls because I have always figured that, while poverty is hard on everyone, it is even harder for young women to escape the cycle ... particularly in societies where more traditional roles and values still prevail. However, through discussions on LiftOne, I have learned that boys wait much, much longer for their first Sponsor than girls do (perhaps because a lot of people think like I do and therefore choose girls). So, this week, I have chosen a handsome young man as my Spotlight Child: meet Jairon Karl! He and his two siblings live with their parents in Quezon City in the Philippines on $95 a month. Like most seven-year-old boys, Jairon likes to run and play outside. Would you be the one to end his wait, and give him the hope of Sponsorship?

No comments:

Post a Comment