Sunday, June 3, 2012

Maria's Welcome Letter

On a much more cheerful note, I also received the welcome letter from Maria today!

Dear Ms. Dillon,
Good day! A pleasant day to you and to your family.
My name is Maria Cristina. I am eleven years old. I am the third child of Manuel Sr. and Jessica. I have one sister and three brothers. I help my parents doing household chores at home. I also take good care of my younger sister. I am in grade five now. My favorite food is fish and fruits such as mango. My ambition in life is to become a teacher someday. I study hard to finish and reach my ambition. I also love to play with my friends. Thank you very much for the chance you gave to be your sponsored child. I am very happy. I will always include you in my prayers to keep you safe always.
Truly yours,
Maria Cristina

What a sweet, informative letter! I love that she tells me all about her family. Her spelling and grammar are exceptional! And she wants to be a teacher, too--I have a lot of future teachers in my current group of girls!

And now I can look forward to writing a reply, once I finish setting up the Fundraiser for Hazel!

No comments:

Post a Comment