Saturday, October 6, 2012

Letter from Hazel!

I love opening my mailbox and finding a Children International envelope inside! This one held a CP letter from Hazel!

Dear Shannon,

Hello, how are you? Me and my family are in good health. Since it's rainy season here in the Philippines, I also enjoy taking a bath in the rain, but I'm afraid of lightning. After that I review my lesson although our school is suspend for almost one week, still I'm doing my assignment to be ready for our class discussion. Thank you for the post card, letter. It's a very beautiful card.

Again, thank you for writing to us! God bless you always.

Your Sponsored Child,
Hazel Ann

She bathes in the rain? Oh my. What does she do, I wonder, when it's NOT the rainy season? According to the most recent family record I have, Hazel's family has running water in their home. I guess I had always assumed that meant she had a shower of some kind.

I'm not surprised in the least to hear that school was suspended--I'm actually surprised that it was only for a week! The photos of the flooding looked pretty devastating. I'm glad to know she was able to return to school pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment