Sunday, October 7, 2012

Another Great Saturday!

The pattern continues to hold true--when I open my mailbox on any given Saturday, I can expect to find an envelope of joyfulness inside!

This week's envelope contained two CP letters. One is from Maria, and the other is from Joyce. They both live in Tabaco, and their correspondence, so far, has tended to arrive together.

Dear Ms. Dillon,

Hello. How are you doing? I hope that you and your family are in good condition. I received your letter today. I was so excited to open it. Well, what are you planning for your today's vacation? Me, right this time I'm busy to write a letter from you and hope you receive it in a short time. To tell you, really, I'm so tired because my friends playing with me, but I stop playing when I got your letter.

Yes, to be a teacher someday is one of my dreams, so before that I promise you to study hard. It's because for you and my family. I read also that you are going to pense,l vani. Wow!! That also fun. You promise me to happening from tell me more about what's the went is. God bless.

Yours Truly,
Maria Cristina P.


Wow! What a letter! I think this may be the first she's written entirely on her own, without guidance or suggestions from an older relative or a CI volunteer. This probably also explains the sudden change from her previously perfect grammar.

It made me smile instantly when I read that she was excited to receive my letter, and I love that she asks questions about my vacations (her interpretation of "Pennsylvania" made me giggle). It sounds like my letter was delivered to her at home, rather than her having to come to the center to pick it up.

Dear Ms. Dillon,

Hi! Good day! I hope all are well like us here in our locality. About me, we had many activities in our school. My birthday, my family and me attended mass and my mother cooked a "pansit" that we shared every one of us. In school, we celebrated our Nutrition Month National Language, with a parade and program. We wear our National costume during the parade in the celebration of our National Language. This week, we have on Intrams. We have our sportfest and then games. One of the  highlights is also the search for Mr. and Ms. Intrams of 2012. I participated in the search but unfortunately my partner is win not me. I still happy, because I gave my best and another experience to cherish. I'm very happy for all the things happened to me. Thank you for the card and all the benefits you had given to me. God Bless.

Sincerely Yours,
Joyce T.


Pansit is any of a variety of noodle dishes, and it is tradition to eat pansit on one's birthday. The long noodles symbolize long life and good health. I have learned something new today!

I wish I could see her all dressed up in her National costume. I have a pen-pal in Norway who used to write about her national costume, as well. I've always felt it was a shame that a national costume isn't a part of our heritage and history here in the United States.

She shows great maturity as she writes about not winning Ms. Intrams 2012. I think it's wonderful that she is so active and participates in so many things at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment