Sunday, May 13, 2012

Welcome Letters from Chris and Jasmin


Today when I opened my mailbox, I let out a squeal of delight! Inside was not one but TWO envelopes bearing the beloved CI logo. The first envelope contained a welcome letter from Pio Salvador at the Tabaco center. The second envelope contained TWO welcome letters--one from Chris, and one from Jasmin!

Dear Ms. Dillon,

Hello to you! How are you? I hope you are fine, happy and healthy as you read my letter. I am very happy to write to you.

My name is Chris. My family and friends call me "Nay-Nay." You can call me that too. My favorite color is pink. My favorite food is spaghetti. It is very delicious. I love to sing and dance. My favorite subject in school is Math. I want to be a teacher someday.

I hope you enjoy reading my letter. Thank you very much for sponsoring me. May God bless you for your kindness and generosity.

Your Sponsored Child,

Chris

Chris, Age 11
I love that she tells me her nickname, and tells me I can call her that too! And her favorite color--this is something I've asked several of my other girls, as I intend to crochet blankets for them.

Dear Ms. Dillon,

Hello and good day to you. How are you? I hope you are happy and healthy as you read our letter.

I am writing on behalf of Jasmin. She is [a] very active child. She likes to play in our neighbor[hood]. She also eats her favorite [food], chicken.

We will try our best to raise her as a very loving child. She wants to be a teacher someday. Thank you for your support. May God bless you for your generosity.

Sincerely yours,
Mrs. Lea
Jasmin, Age 5

Jasmin is only five, so her letter was written by her mother. This is my very first time having a letter written by someone other than my child! I love how she says they will try to raise Jasmin as a very loving child--that's so sweet! And it's interesting that both Jasmin and Nay-Nay want to be teachers when they grow up!

I've already written to them this month, so I will do my best to contain my enthusiasm until June and reply to them then! =) I will have to remember to ask Jasmin what her favorite color is, since her mother didn't mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment