Friday, September 21, 2012

Letters!

Two special letters arrived in two different destinations today. The first was from Cristine, my group-sponsored child. This letter was physically mailed to our group's Lead Sponsor, Holly, who emailed me directly to share the surprise: she had received TWO letters from Cristine, and one of them was addressed specifically to me!

Dear Shannon,

Hello there! I'm very happy to received your letter, photos, and some postcards of your friends. I really love the stickers. Spongebob is one of my favorite cartoon characters. I will put your photo and your dog in my photo album. I will share some of the stickers to my friends and cousins. Wow! Its nice to know that you we will be traveling to your favorite place. I hope you will enjoy your vacation with your family. We are now on rainy season. Many Filipinos affected by the typhoon but thanks God that me and my family are all okay until here.

Thank you for spending your time writing to me as well as to your friend. I really appreciate it. God Bless you and happy trip.

Cristine

What a wonderful letter! I've been scouring the local stores for Spongebob goodies to include when I write to her again, so it's very good to hear that she's still a fan of Mr. Squarepants! And I'm glad that she wrote about the typhoon and assured me that she and her family came through the storm safely!

The postcards she refers to are from my Postcrossing Project, inspired by my fellow Sponsor, David!

When I got home from work, I found today's third letter waiting in my mailbox--a CR letter from Yulliana.

Dear Ms. Dillon,

I want to say hi you my dear Sponsor! We start doing multiplication in our math. My teacher gave us many homework in multiplying numbers. We will be having a long quiz this week. I am preparing for it.

Thank you for all your gifts to me.

Love,
Yulliana


Math--ugh! Haha Hopefully she enjoys the subject more than I did at her age. I'll have to keep an eye out for a multiplication activity book that I can send to her the next time I write!

No comments:

Post a Comment