Friday, July 6, 2012

July Letters

I finally had an evening when I wasn't so exhausted from work that I fell immediately asleep, and so I took the opportunity to sit down and write letters to each of my girls. I started off this month telling them about how hot the weather here has been (above 100*F most days!), and followed up by telling them Julio and I will get to escape the heat for a short vacation with my family at Raquette Lake, in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. Writing about the lake also afforded me the opportunity to ask each of them if they like to swim -- crucial information, since I hope to take them on an outing to the pool at La Mesa when I go visit!

The other portion of this month's correspondence was already written -- I included the postcards I have received so far from having updated my Postcrossing profile to request cards for my girls instead of for myself. To date I've received nearly thirty cards for them from all over the world! I think I will let them accumulate and send them once a quarter, from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment