Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CPs Galore!

There's nothing in the world quite like the feeling of opening the mailbox to find a Children International envelope inside! This one proclaimed, "A special greeting from your Sponsored child Yulliana!" but as I eagerly snatched it from amid the pile of junk mail, I noted that it felt too thick to be only one letter.
Inside were THREE beautiful letters from not only Yulliana but also Joyce and Maria!

Dear Shannon,
Hello! A big hug for you. I've just received your letter and I'm so happy when I read it. The pictures are so nice and I'm happy when I see your picture. I'm happy to know we have the same birthday. So on my next birthday, I'll go to church and pray to God to give you good health and more blessings to come! I'll wait for another letter from you. Take care!
Love,
Yulliana Nicole

I love that she sends a hug -- I sign all my letters "With big hugs" and she is the first of my girls to respond to that. =) She's just such a sweet child--and a very happy one, if this letter is any indication!
CP from Joyce
Dear Ms. Dillon,
Hello! I'm fine and especially my family.
I'm happy that you gave me photos of you and your sisters and friends. Are so beautiful and nice. Julio and you are perfect with each other, an Ali`i is so cute.
Hmmf! This summer we bonding with my friends and my family. Me and my friends went to the falls and beach. We swim and play there. Sometimes we go to the playground. My family and I was bonding in our house. We talk about studying and good health of my family.
I'm excited in this coming schooling, because I will meet again new friends and more fun activities in our school. We will have again new lectures in different subjects. I never forget the happy memories in the sophomore level.
Thank you again for the letter and beautiful photos. Say my "hellow" to your friends and to your handsome boyfriends, especially to your family. Once again thank you very much for all the benefits. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!
Sincerely Yours,
Joyce

I love to hear that she gets to enjoy fun passtimes at the beach and falls (and I guess that answers the question of whether she likes to swim! hehe). I can't wait to tell Julio that she called him my "handsome boyfriend"--he'll love that! =)

Dear Miss Dillon,
Hello! I have just received your letter. I am very surprised. You are pretty. You look very kind and energetic. Your friends are also friendly. About me, I am in good health. Classes are here again. I am in grade five. I will study hard because I want to reach and fulfill my ambition. I also don't forget to help my parents in doing household chores. I take care of my younger sister and brother. Thank you so much for all of the gifts you have given to me and to my family. Thank you also for the time you've shared in spite of your schedule at work and with friends.
I will always keep in my heart your kindness and goodness to me.
Take care.
Truly yours,
Maria Cristina

I continue to be impressed with Maria's proper grammar and spelling -- her English is extraordinary for an eleven-year-old! I had to chuckle when she said I look "energetic" and also at how she ascertains that my friends are friendly based on the photos I sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment